Friday, August 24, 2007

Quote of the Day, August 23rd, 2007

So there's this Infections Disease doc, Dr. C. The Hospitalists hate the ID guys, cuz they interfere with our antibiotic treatment and blocking discharges of patients who really should be going home. Anyway, I've NEVER seen Dr. C, but I always see her notes in our charts. For a while, I didn't believe she actually existed. Figment of our imagination, I believed. In reality, she rounds late at night, because her notes are always timed no earlier than 2200 (once, she had put 2430 - because they have to see each patient and write a note each day).

Anyway, today I actually met her. She looks up at me and asks me to question I get so many times -

Dr. C: "So, are you a new Hospitalist?"
Me: "No, I'm just a Medical Student"
Dr. C: "Oh...you're awfully big for a medical student"

wtf?!